We at Connect Earth are excited to officially launch our first product – an API that provides in-depth carbon estimations and environmental insights into any bank transaction.
Test our API for free (1,000 API calls) and let us know what you think!
Climate change is considered to be one of the biggest threats to humanity and its impact is global in scope and unprecedented in scale. According to the United Nations, “without drastic action today, adapting to these impacts in the future will be more difficult and costly”.
Luckily, more and more individuals (and businesses!) want to take action and reduce their negative impact on the environment.
However, you can’t improve what you can’t measure. Companies, as well as consumers, need to know where most of their emissions come from in order to reduce them.
- Businesses are pressured to improve how they report and manage their emissions due to increasing frameworks developed by market leaders and stakeholders (for example, TCFD and SASB) and sovereign nations (such as Europe through SFDR).
- Consumers are willing to reduce their emissions but often lack the tools necessary to promote positive change. We believe that one of the best ways to do it is directly through a banking/FinTech app, where they can see the emissions of every transaction they make.
Our API solution
We at Connect Earth are striving to make carbon emissions data more accessible, more understandable, and more actionable.
We package environmental data as an API and integrate it into financial products, for example, banking apps that consumers use on a daily basis to track their spending. Thanks to our API, consumers can access environmental insights for every financial transaction within their own banking app.
By doing this, we help consumers make better purchasing decisions and choose more sustainable merchants.
We empower banks and FinTechs to make sustainability an in-app feature for their customers 🌱
It’s true that the climate data space is very difficult to navigate without deep expertise. Moreover, building sustainability-related features in-house is hard, and the data is siloed and not standardised.
The good news is that we’ve done the heavy lifting already!
We want to empower banks and FinTechs to embed sustainability into their products.
For this reason, we consolidate and harmonise sustainability data and make it available through our API which is cost-effective and super easy to integrate.
Increase in-app engagement through sustainability-driven features 📲
1. Transaction details
Show the carbon footprint of every transaction and drive user engagement.
2. CO2 tracking charts
Integrate CO2 charts that show users the carbon footprint of their purchases. Help them improve over time!
Educate your customers on how they can adjust their spending habits to be more sustainable. For example, “Did you know that switching to a renewable energy supplier could reduce your emissions by up to 30%?”
1. Break down carbon footprint by merchant
Select more sustainable merchants when shopping.
2. Adjust carbon estimates to customers’ habits
Empower customers to make their carbon footprint estimates even more accurate, by including their dietary requirements, travel preferences (and more!) into our calculations.
Empower your customers to be more sustainable by giving tailored recommendations. For example: “Based on your spending, consider buying at (alternative sustainable merchant) than at (previously visited merchant) to reduce your carbon footprint”.
Use cases 🤝
- We are currently running PoCs with several banks and neobanks, including one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
- We are fully integrated with a US-based challenger bank Cogni to engage their GenZ audience.
- We also work with ClimateTechs such as Jules, Ribbon and Ecomate so they can build their climate products on top of the consolidated sustainability data that we provide.
You can test our API for free and access 1,000 API calls.
If you need more than 1,000 API calls, get in touch with our co-founder & CEO Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few last thoughts…
Banks failing to address the climate crisis will lose customers
– 71% of customers are more likely to choose a bank with a positive environmental impact – Deloitte
– 68% of millennials are more willing to buy a product with a social or environmental benefit – EY
– 62% consumers want their bank to show them an overview of their carbon footprint – Tink
Get started with Connect Earth
At Connect Earth, we believe that to solve climate change, everyone needs to be a part of the solution. Will you join us?
About Connect Earth:
Founded in 2021, Connect Earth is a London-based environmental data company that democratises easy access to sustainability data. With its carbon tracking API technology, Connect Earth is on a mission to empower people to make sustainable choices and bridge the gap between intent, knowledge and action. Connect Earth supports financial institutions in offering their customers transparent insight into the climate impact of their daily spending and drives sustainable finance.
Reach out if you think Connect Earth can help your business.